Search the forum,

Discuss what shower unit for megaflow boiling system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a megaflow in my house and I want to install extra shower in my bathroom, what kind of shower will this megaflow support? Thermostatic mixer showers or mixed shower?

thank you in advance!

Henry

If you mean thermostatic or non thermostatic showers, then either type will work but a thermostatic shower valve is much advised as the hot water is usually over 60 degrees & not blended normally at Megaflow (can be done if wanted). Especially for children or elderly you need themostatic valves anyhow, & high pressure/flow makes it more risk of severe scalding.

Agree with Best tho I have had a Megaflo system on the past and had both thermostatic and non thermostatic showers in the same property.
Question is, will anyone stupid enough to scald themselves be allowed into the shower unsupervised??

the first thing you need to check is that the megaflo will cope with the shower you choose... meaning, check the litres per min on the spec of the shower to make sure you have a big enough megaflo to cope with the water usage. e.g, if you are looking at a drench head shower that can take (talking extreme) 30 litres per min, and your megaflo is only 120litres, you will only get 4- 10 minutes of hot water, depending on how hot you have the water.

once you know this, you can decide on the shower, thermostatic or non.

Hi

thank you for all input!

the megaflo I have in my house is same as this one
Heatrae Sadia Megaflo HE Unvented Indirect Water Heater CL170HE

the shower I am interested is one of them:
(a) Mira Element Thermostatic Shower EV (Exposed Valve) All Chrome

or
(b)Aqualisa Midas 300 Exposed Shower Combi/High Pressure MD300BAR

Does any of above shower work with my megaflo? and why?

appreciate for your help!

best regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what shower unit for megaflow boiling system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock