Search the forum,

Discuss what thread is this shower wall elbow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a white plastic shower wall elbow thats yellowed and I'd like to swap it for a chrome one.

I bought a 'generic' cheap one off ebay, but its way too small.

The thread is a hair under 26mm, so pretty much one inch. This seems to translate to 3.4bsp.

Is this standard for shower wall elbows?

I have a white plastic shower wall elbow thats yellowed and I'd like to swap it for a chrome one.

The thread is a hair under 26mm, so pretty much one inch. This seems to translate to 3.4bsp.

Hello and welcome along,

Have you got any pictures by any chance?

Regards ron

Hello and welcome along,

Have you got any pictures by any chance?

Regards ron

...Yep sure

20170211_193444.jpg

20170211_193503.jpg

20170211_193538.jpg

Think,from photo. you may be measuring it wrong. Seems you are starting from 5mm which instead of 26mm would give 21mm and this equates to 1/2" BSP. Check by seeing if any 15mm compression fitting will screw in once nut and olive removed.
Sorry misread photo. 3/4"BSP is 26.44mm overall and unlike 1/2" BSP does not equate to thread on 22mm compression fitting.

Last edited:
Looks like 3/4" BSP from the rule photo, more concerned about how you going to know if that rubber joint leaks afterwards being buried behind the tile.

Just looked again and reckon the sealing O-ring is missing and PTFE tape has been used on the threaded male instead, up to you Nick but wouldn`t want to my name on that job.

Last edited:
yes, thats what I thought.

I think I might have to get something like this..

s-l1600.jpg
(3/4 bsp male to 1/2 bsp female)

then use a standard 1/2 bsp elbow.

I cant find any elbows in 3/4 bsp.

As mentioned above, you should be more concerned if it's water tight once it's buried in the wall ... maybe changing the whole lot ... plastic will worn out very fast and in my experience the seal isn't and threads aren't as good ..

As mentioned above, you should be more concerned if it's water tight once it's buried in the wall ... maybe changing the whole lot ... plastic will worn out very fast and in my experience the seal isn't and threads aren't as good ..

Its been water tight so far (id guess 10 years), I used ptfe tape last time I removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what thread is this shower wall elbow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock