Search the forum,

Discuss What Toilet Connector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
New toilet doesnt bend down into pipe to be cemented in

What fitting to use?

Thank you!

20170507_083349.jpg

Depends on the toilet being installed but a bent pan connector or a p shaped pan connector normally is ok

First up there is no need to post twice. Secondly the McAlpine website shows what you need with measurements.

Hello s3anreilly,

It really depends what toilet you going for. Most like,y if you are going to use a close coupled toilet where the cistern sits at the toilet you will definitely need a boxing as the cistern will be not secured to the wall. If you do not want a boxing then you will need to go for something similar. A small @ShaunCorbs siad you could do with a p connector. Be careful when de installing the toilet. You will need to break the outlet and be careful not drop parts down the drain. Put a thick cloth down before making clean and then clean all out.

Boxing? Thinking a baton between cistern & wall to take up the difference.

Not bothered about the boxing in or battoning of the cistern, more concerned about the soil pipe.

Is the soil pipe earthernware or cast iron?
Is the floor concrete or timber?

If your answer is earthenware and concrete floor - then you could be up for some real problems. If you have limited experience, you could end up in real trouble.

Not bothered about the boxing in or battoning of the cistern, more concerned about the soil pipe.

Is the soil pipe earthernware or cast iron?
Is the floor concrete or timber?

If your answer is earthenware and concrete floor - then you could be up for some real problems. If you have limited experience, you could end up in real trouble.

What problems do you envisage? Thank you.

Hello s3anreilly,

It really depends what toilet you going for. Most like,y if you are going to use a close coupled toilet where the cistern sits at the toilet you will definitely need a boxing as the cistern will be not secured to the wall. If you do not want a boxing then you will need to go for something similar. A small @ShaunCorbs siad you could do with a p connector. Be careful when de installing the toilet. You will need to break the outlet and be careful not drop parts down the drain. Put a thick cloth down before making clean and then clean all out.

Very useful advice. Thank you!

Boxing? Thinking a baton between cistern & wall to take up the difference.
Don't you think the baton will be slightly too big though? It won't look great. I'd rather made a great nice boxing with a good finish.

Don't you think the baton will be slightly too big though? It won't look great. I'd rather made a great nice boxing with a good finish.
That is up to the customer my concern is fixing the cistern firmly in place.

I'd have that floor up (if floorboards) and try and convert to plactic but only if the joist isnt in the way which it will be so ignore me.

Pan itself is cemented in so it will be a concrete floor with clay soil. you maybe able to hammer and crowbar the pan free from the floor...some floor will probably come away with pan...if not you will have to smash the pan out carefully. then probably need to screed floor before new pan goes in. i tend to gently tap that soil collar off so its flush to the floor...leaves a better finish! but in answer to your original question....mcalpine space saving 90 degree pan connector
4"/110mm 90° Space Saving Bend Adjustable Length Rigid WC Connector

Swan neck pan connector and a bit of batten at back of cistern.

Or proper job of floor up and change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Toilet Connector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock