Search the forum,

Discuss What type of toilet system is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I hope you can help me out please.

I have moved into a conversion which has 2 toilets on two levels. Both toilets have had issues where they won't stop 'running' after being flushed from a constant trickle, to full water flow, which has required us to remove the internal piece pictured to clean around the seal to prevent it. When this happens the tank doesn't fill and therefore the water is running and audible.

Removing the internal piece connected to the push button and cleaning around the seal does eventually work but even then, there is an invisible trickle which gradually causes a limescale buildup as I life in an extremely hard water area.

The previous owner must've had these replaced at some point as the old internal piece has been thrown inside the unit housing the toilet.

I've pictured what I can - do you have any idea what this type of system is called and what a decent replacement would be? I'd like to get this order before asking a plumber to come and replace it.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

IMG_9483.JPG

IMG_9484.JPG

no good cleaning the seals as they bubble up this is what causes it to pass water you need to replace the seal,

Thanks for that.

By replacing the unit I assume there will be a new seal? I've tried cleaning it so many times but it ends up with issues again.

Any other tips would be welcome. I'm not sure if it's due to all the limescale.

The water level looks awfully high in the cistern too.
( From the water marks in the cistern )

The inlet valve could be knackered also

Hi guys thanks for this. I got the above Grohe flush system and replaced it and they're still running / heaving issues. Any ideas? They came with new seals so I wonder if there's anything else I can try?

Hi guys thanks for this. I got the above Grohe flush system and replaced it and they're still running / heaving issues. Any ideas? They came with new seals so I wonder if there's anything else I can try?
Water level in the cistern to high?

Thanks. Would that make a difference? The water isn't over the overflow of the flush valve so it's because of the seal I think.

Do you recognise what inlet system is the right one? Willing to try anything!

Did you clean the housing that the valve sits in or did you replace the whole thing?
No harm in adjusting the water right down to see if that makes a difference is there.

Thanks. Would I need to replace the inlet valve to do that?

Yep I've cleaned around the bottom where the seal goes - even when it closes off properly there's a very faint trickle all the time so it's not perfectly sealing.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Thanks. Would I need to replace the inlet valve to do that?

Yep I've cleaned around the bottom where the seal goes - even when it closes off properly there's a very faint trickle all the time so it's not perfectly sealing.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated.
The inlet valve will have an adjuster but tbh I can`t see where it is in the photos, pretty sure somebody here will know.

Hi guys! Sorry to revive an old thread.

So the situation hasn’t improved much even with the flush valves being replaced. I’ve asked two plumbers who think it’s because of small lime scale deposits coming off and not allowing it to seal. They haven’t mentioned replacing the inlets.

Is there another system I could explore replacing these with that don't have these issues? If so what would they be? I can then ask my Plumber for pricing. It’s getting super annoying as 2ish times out of 10 it’ll experience this problem and I have to remove the shelving to gain access to the cistern to sort it.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

I've been out to a very similar situation, it was a Grohe cistern and the flush valve was passing. I can't say it was the same design though as it was a good few years ago..
The one I saw needed a different cistern to change the brand of the flush because the fitting at the bottom where the flush valve sits was not standard and the underside was moulded with the plastic cistern - so couldn't fit any other flush valve in there.
If your flush pipe is a standard size you could just replace the whole cistern with one from most plumbers favoured brand - Fluidmaster.
Fluidmaster Concealed Cistern 6Ltr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What type of toilet system is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock