Search the forum,

Discuss Whats happened to the look of the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Is it just me, or has the forum changed in appearance?

It still looks the same on my iPad, but on my PC it is only using the middle part of the screen, and the sponsors logos are on the left and more intrusive.

Is there a setting I can change to put it back to how it was, or is this a vBulletin "upgrade"?

Coming from someone who has runs one of the companies being advertised :)

you can bin the ads by hitting the arrow but back they come on each new post. Hate say it but the new look is more likely to cause me to bin the forum than croppie!

I don't really mind the logos, but it seems a waste to have a great big wide screen, and the actual usable part of the forum occupies less than 1/3 of it.

I will have to buy a 56" monitor to get about 20 inches of usable screen!

Im off, its far too annoying, it facebook and see what the daughters upto, I cant put up with this pain

I'll be honest it unsettles me....I hate change it makes me twitch!
Or is that the Leffe talking?!

I'm finding the forum unusable on the PC. It just won't fit on the screen comfortably and is far too cluttered.

Not a fan here, but if it means that lame doesn't come on any more I'm willing to compromise.

All ok on my galaxy note. Just ads and threads on left instead of right( thought id changed a setting by mistake). All usual rubbish in the middle! :wink_smile:

Adblock isn't working anymore for me which is annoying. I may be able to block them if i play around with it for a while but i can't be bothered. On a 26" screen about 10" is tx and i cant scroll zoom pics anymore (they just get longer). This is the way of the world. Ads are profits and there is very little you can do on the net without annoying ads (and they are really annoying when they are in your face) I'm off to talk to the wife and entice her into christening the new matress :smile:

I'm glad it's not just me and for some reason the text is now smaller on my tablet very annoying I can expand it but find I shouldn't have to ...regards Turnpin:83:

Glad it's not just me. Got to apologise to daughter , I gave her some stick for altering settings. Please put it back.change is not always better.

I am getting adverts from my web browsing at the top of the page.I don't remember seeing this.IF it was there it was'nt prominent.Currently I have offers for seed potatoes and plants from Blooming Direct.

I am getting adverts from my web browsing at the top of the page.I don't remember seeing this.IF it was there it was'nt prominent.Currently I have offers for seed potatoes and plants from Blooming Direct.

That's probably rays fault:29:

Me no like the new layout change it back its pants

At least the ads don't flow down and follow you ! ( Change - is how business works )

( Always liked Zooming in FireFox -on PC ) Need a better Phone - cos mine is too small ..!

Adverts have always been a part of the forum but they certainly seem to be taking over lately.

The actual forum part is very restricted and feels squashed in on my iPhone.

I clicked on the adds to remove them then gave up when I realised they come back every time.

The menu has gone from the right to the left, apparently that's a better placement for sponsors. They should get 'seen' more.

Google ads are being toyed with, they'll not be shown to those with 10+ posts once I've configured it properly.

Apologies for the lack of announcing it. I literally did it on a whim.

The menu has gone from the right to the left, apparently that's a better placement for sponsors. They should get 'seen' more.

Google ads are being toyed with, they'll not be shown to those with 10+ posts once I've configured it properly.

Its not the ads Dan, its the squeezing everything into the middle of the page. Seriously - I have about 5 inches of plain grey space on either side of my monitor!

Bring back the Saturday night music and all will be forgiven dan!

Its not the ads Dan, its the squeezing everything into the middle of the page. Seriously - I have about 5 inches of plain grey space on either side of my monitor!

That's been like that for a while. Looks like me moving the menu has switched you back to the default style for the forum. It sounds like you were using the 'fluid' style (which expands with the page). A fix: scroll to the bottom of the forum and you'll see a a drop down box on the left. Selected will be "Fixed Orange and Blue" change that to "Orange and Blue". :)

Also, do me a favour. Visit TilersForums.co.uk - Tiling Forum by Tilers Forums | Tiling Advice on your mobile. I'm testing that style. Tell me how that feels and looks for you. It's a mobile style that I wondered if it would be worth using network-wide.

That's been like that for a while. Looks like me moving the menu has switched you back to the default style for the forum. It sounds like you were using the 'fluid' style (which expands with the page). A fix: scroll to the bottom of the forum and you'll see a a drop down box on the left. Selected will be "Fixed Orange and Blue" change that to "Orange and Blue". :)

No box there now. I do recall it from before, because I inadvertently messed with it once, and someone kindly told me how to put it back. But that option dropdown is no longer there.
Also, do me a favour. Visit TilersForums.co.uk - Tiling Forum by Tilers Forums | Tiling Advice on your mobile. I'm testing that style. Tell me how that feels and looks for you. It's a mobile style that I wondered if it would be worth using network-wide.

Will do

I know the forum needs sponsers to run but all the adverts are getting silly now side top bottom enough change it back

hate to say it but all advertising gets ignored in reality, until you need something, then you forget where you saw what you needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats happened to the look of the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock