Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best way to deal with rust around cast iron bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
The customer dosen't want to change the cast iron bath but it has rust around the plug waste hole. It dosent look good and is difficult to clean.
I've suggested touching up the bath with some repair enamel paint but now am not sure which product to use. Some of the product reviews are not good and I don't want to give them something that only lasts six months.
SO can anyone has experience and can help and suggest the best product. Much appreciated. Cheers.

Even one of these bath repair guys will not be able to give a them 100% repair .
Theres loads of products that say they work and stop rust , non work . Believe me I have had a lifetime trying .
The only one that that comes close is hammerite , it will look awful but it will work - ish .

Totally concur Town. All, ultimately, are a waste of money. Best bet in my view is a nice new (guaranteed 25 years) Bette or Kaldewei steel bath. Never fit plastic unless its at least 8mm thick, bu then they are dearer than steel!

Reply to Whats the best way to deal with rust around cast iron bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These are iron pipes, with what looks like a female internal thread into which there is some sort of metal reducer with what is maybe a compression fitting...
Replies
Views
I've spotted this rust patch on the outside of a cast iron radiator in the house. There's no sign of any water leaking from it on the floor, however when I put my finger on it, I couldn't say it was bone dry. Any advice on what I should do to try and resolve this? I'm a bit fearful of...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to 108mm internal as you can see in the photos. Is this some sort of conversion to clay which is why their is a bulge? What would be the 'Best' way of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I really don't want to notch the joist to get the waste out. I was thinking can I run the waste connected together to the outside in 40mm? So the bath...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock