Search the forum,

Discuss what's the best way to physically wire up a particular circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a software engineer diving head-first into the world of embedded systems design and development. This question is basically about "plumbing" -- what's the best way to physically wire up a particular circuit. So:

I have a small microcontroller evaluation module, the CC11EMK, with a 2x5 header debug port.

I also have an evaluation board (the CC1110-CC1111DK: CC1110-CC1111DK - Texas Instruments - RF Evaluation and Development Kits, Boards - Kynix Semiconductor) to program the evaluation module, also with a 2x5 header. (The dongle is in the lower left) below:

CC1110-CC1111DK.jpg

The two are connected with a 10-wire ribbon cable.

My problem is that the microcontroller reset pin is sensitive to noise, causing random resets. Not fun. The datasheet for the CC111 has this to say in section 6.11.1:

The RESET_N pin is sensitive to noise and can cause unintended reset of the chip. For a long reset line add an external RC filter with values 1 nF and 2.7 kOhm close to the RESET_N pin.

I also have some sensors and an SPI bus setup on a breadboard.

What's a relatively simple way to insert the resister and the capacitor into the circuit? I thought I might be able to stick a pair of 2x5 headers onto the breadboard, use two ribbon cables, and wire corresponding pins together with the exception of the reset line, which I'd pass through the RC filter. But I don't think that can work on a breadboard -- the header won't fit over the gutter, so no matter how I do it, I'd be shorting together pairs of pins.

Any suggestions?

You can probably just fit a 1nF cap to hold the reset high, should be effective depending on the noise levels. I'm not familiar with your particular boards but just have a look on the back of the dongle board and find the easiest place to solder it on. From your picture the debug header looks pretty big so I'd try there to start with.

**edit**
You should maybe try post this kinda question on the EEVBlog dot com, it's not really a plumbing question....

You can probably just fit a 1nF cap to hold the reset high, should be effective depending on the noise levels. I'm not familiar with your particular boards but just have a look on the back of the dongle board and find the easiest place to solder it on. From your picture the debug header looks pretty big so I'd try there to start with.

**edit**
You should maybe try post this kinda question on the EEVBlog dot com, it's not really a plumbing question..

I would say spam mate

I'll have chips, beans and a couple of eggs with my spam fritters please.

Easiest way
Solder a 240v supply on all the boards, turn on power, drop into a bath full of water

Of course as well as doing gas training we are all IT experts and build our own electronic systems , In fact I think we are better than Rocket scientist's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what's the best way to physically wire up a particular circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock