Search the forum,

Discuss WhatS your weekend car looking to upgrade . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just wondering what cars my fellow heating and plumbing engineers drive hoping to upgrade soon had 4 honda crvs in the past so would have to be a suv not to keen on the next generation crv so open to suggestions cheers kop

IMG_0347.JPG
You need one of these pal

That car may disappear from your possession, without your permission, be put in a shipping container and sent abroad.

Hint Hint, Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink.

Does that have a 427 cu inch under the hood?

Lol , nah Oz , it has the trusted Rover V8 , sounds like thunder lol . It would be better down your neck of the woods , it could be driven more , stupid car for wet Yorkshire , but I love it .

Just think of it driving down the long roads in oz, stretching its legs :D

Now now girls pack it in , Like the look of the xc60/90 but not so keen on the price tag Harvest bit rich for me, could do a scp but another £330+ a month just to stand on the drive all week not sure which way i will go cheers kop

Volvo is one the most reliable cars. The interior design is very fancy too. The Volvo SUV is amazing especially when it comes to the latest versions. The lights are lovely , perfect shape.

To be honest I like combi cars... they are proper made for families though. Audi A4/a6 just gorgeous but wouldn't say no to Mercedes e220 either :)

Now now girls pack it in , Like the look of the xc60/90 but not so keen on the price tag Harvest bit rich for me, could do a scp but another £330+ a month just to stand on the drive all week not sure which way i will go cheers kop

Apologies KOP , its them bloody Villa fans lol

That's why we had the V60 mate. But probably a bit small for you?

Just wondering what cars my fellow heating and plumbing engineers drive hoping to upgrade soon had 4 honda crvs in the past so would have to be a suv not to keen on the next generation crv so open to suggestions cheers kop

Hello king of pipes,

Have You ever looked at the Nissan X-trail ?

There are a few models with slightly differing specifications.

Here is a link to the new Nissan X-trail photos, specifications & prices:

7-Seater & 4x4 Car Design - Nissan X-Trail | Nissan

I think that they range from about £23,000 to about £30,000 ?

Chris

Last edited:
I haven't had a car since I was 20 just a van and a motorbike (the wife has a car), Ive been out this morning on the bike and it feels good at one hundred and plenty MPH

What about Mazda CX-5 ?
Or if you want cheaper try the Mitsubishi ASX.
Do your searching online for pricing. That way you can get a proper dealership supplied car at bargain price.

Had a look at a Nissan x trail ex demo very tempted now trawling carwow for comparisons , skoda kodiaq looks good to if i can find the right deal ?????? Maybe not in any rush cheers kop

I personally don't like Nissans and I know they are Renault partners.
Try getting cheaper UK prices online for exact spec you want on any car and then use that quote against your more local dealerships to see if they near match it.
You probably will find you can buy a brand new car as cheap as a demo, or maybe even beat the price.

What about Mazda CX-5 ?
Or if you want cheaper try the Mitsubishi ASX.
Do your searching online for pricing. That way you can get a proper dealership supplied car at bargain price.
We looked at both of these and both seem small in comparison. We also looked at the 7 seater Hyundai which is massive and you gets lots for your money.

I'm thinking about getting a car myself but I'm too tight to buy one.
I actually get wound up looking at other peoples car choices, its either a Mini, Audi or BMW red black or white.

And the rest is the pay monthly white goods cars like Juke and Kia Sportage...absolutley ten a penny.

No car I've seen makes me really really want one.

I'm thinking about getting a car myself but I'm too tight to buy one.
I actually get wound up looking at other peoples car choices, its either a Mini, Audi or BMW red black or white.

And the rest is the pay monthly white goods cars like Juke and Kia Sportage...absolutley ten a penny.

No car I've seen makes me really really want one.

Agree Phil, - cars can be far too much a money loss. I can't see the reasoning behind someone working extra hard and long hours just to drive a luxury car.
But it is possible to have a good car at very little overall cost. Some luxury cars don't depreciate much - especially if you can pick up a really good second hand one.
Also some of these pay monthly contacts are so cheap that it wouldn't pay to own an old car. I know some deals on lower cost cars are £100 a month, or not a lot more, which isn't expensive to drive a brand new car. You could spend that just on repairs alone to an old vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WhatS your weekend car looking to upgrade . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock