Search the forum,

Discuss Where on earth do I install a vent pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
drains.jpgHere is a diagram of my upstairs bathroom which I am renovating. Can someone please tell me where the best place is for the vent pipe(s). I have looked at Building Regs and it suggests they can be placed on all appliances but this will create a lot of work and I will have to rethink the layout of the bathroom. Any suggestions. I have numbered all the appliance so that it will be easy to explain a solution. Thanks in advance on this one.

can you put in an automatic air vent,it should only go as high as the basin trap,plus you can reduce from 110mm to 32mm

You may not need a vent.

It depends on the length of drain from the stack to the furthest fixture.
In your drawing it is the pan.

I have heard that automatic air vent can sometimes fail and all the pipework will be in an inaccessible area so I am trying to stay away from that. Or do you mean the ones that are integrated into the wash basin trap.

Normally an extra vent will not be needed. But ideal position for vent would be at, or close to the toilet end. An air admittance valve is allowed if you really need a vent.

Great news oz-plumber! That's just made my life much easy. Also, while I'm here, is it ok to connect 3 to 4 or should it have its own flow direct to the main stack.

That should be OK as long as you use an anti syphon trap on the basin.

Btw, nice diagram. What software did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where on earth do I install a vent pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
C
Hello all, I'm preparing an estimate for a bathroom renovation in a block of flats. As always I'm trying to flag up / plan for and cost as many possible unknowns as possible in advance. One thing that I've not seen before is the ~50mm pipework connecting into the soil stack (see picture). My...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock