Search the forum,

Discuss Which boiler - Alpha, Glow-worm, Worcester, Vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Need a new combination boiler, so far have had two quotes one for an Alpha E-tec Plus 33 and one for a Glow-worm . The glow-worm one said they use the same parts as Vaillant so are as reliable.

Are Alpha and Vaillant good alternatives to Worcester and Vaillant?

Nothing wrong with Alpha, vaillant or glow worm. From an installers point of view I’d steer clear of Worcester. Personally I would recommend Vaillant although ultimately the choice is up to you.

The glow worm energy is basically the same as the Vaillant pure
That's Vaillants budget level boiler​

This gets discussed alot on here it really depends on your budget and who you get to install said boiler each one mentioned will do the job we all have our preferd choice, choose a local respected Gas safe installer who will look after you and the boiler in years to come many boilers come with a 7 - 10 year warranties but will need servicing each year to keep the warranty valid . Cheers kop

All boilers will fail at sometime in their life you minimise the risk much the same as anything mechanical with regular checks and servicing. Kop

Need a new combination boiler, so far have had two quotes one for an Alpha E-tec Plus 33 and one for a Glow-worm . The glow-worm one said they use the same parts as Vaillant so are as reliable.

Are Alpha and Vaillant good alternatives to Worcester and Vaillant?
This is interesting because there is a new way of choosing a boiler - buyer led not installer led choices. The old traditional way is losing pace - its a shame and we on UKPF have to pick up the back wash.
Ultimately there is not enough info out there for an ordinary person to make an informed choice. So the answer is TRUST YOUR CHOSEN INSTALLER they will back up their choice and look after you - CHOOSE THE INSTALLER AND NOT THE BOILER.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

I assume you are looking at the budget to mid level price range for those choices?

I Don't agree with all Rob has to say but he's right about this choose the installer not the product any decent branded combi will last 10 years if fitted properly and serviced each year , small faults get picked up repaired before a costly breakdown, so as said find the right installer and be guided by them . Cheers kop

Someone who wants to do it properly
Boiler plus controls
Filter
Flush
Lime fighter
Shock arrestor
Neat pipework, not just 'that will do'

It's not going to be the cheapest guy!

What's your location
Someone from here may be local

You can post your job on our suite there may be a quality tradesman in your area . Best of luck kop

Screenshot_20180927-054859.png

Reply to Which boiler - Alpha, Glow-worm, Worcester, Vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock