Search the forum,

Discuss Which combi boiler is best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you guys help me with your experience, my daughter has an old Vokera Excell 80SP combi boiler that she is looking to have replaced in her 3 bedroom house. Are certain makes any more reliable than others and which would you advise her to get.

Worcester
Baxi
Viessmann / atag

Are the main ones she should be happy / satisfied with one of the above manufacturers

Have a look at the new range of Vokera boilers, up to 10 year warranty and the pipe work will still be the same way , other brands will require rearranging the pipe work not usely a problem , only thing you will learn from asking what's the best boiler is we cant all agree we all have our favourites , ten different boilers from ten different plumbers

See what I mean, we all have our preferred make of boilers, Have fitted the new Vokera's last couple Have been Ideal Logic, Only advise I would give you don't go for cheep unit ! unless your selling the house and you have to replace the boiler, Then Vokera easi-heat 5 year warranty

Ive no experience personally but the last Ravenheat are apparently very good so I'm told, Ideal for normaly

Thanks for your input and as you say all have preferences but I didn’t want her to get a boiler that proves unreliable and the old buy cheap buy twice kick in. This has now given a bit of insight and if we look for a good boiler that also gives a lengthy warranty we should be ok.

Thanks for your input and as you say all have preferences but I didn’t want her to get a boiler that proves unreliable and the old buy cheap buy twice kick in. This has now given a bit of insight and if we look for a good boiler that also gives a lengthy warranty we should be ok.
Make sure a filter is fitted to the heating, a scale reduced is fitted on the cold mains into the boiler, the system is flushed properly an inhibitor is put into the system, the boiler is registered with gas safe and not just the boiler manufacturer that it is serviced every year otherwise the warranty is worth nothing.

And people still moan about trv’s .......hows it going to be monitored.....

And people still moan about trv’s ...hows it going to be monitored...

Nope

New ruling say you needing either

Weather comp
Flue gas comp/ box
Smart weather comp stats / controls (nest)
One more that I can't think of

have you fitted any of the new range of Vokera boilers ? you seem to think they are a joke, just wounding what your basing your comment on

Yeah I’ve fitted s few. I’m basing my comment on the fact that they are Rubbish. Lol
Air intake tends to come off in transit and won’t run with it off. The combustion door is terrible, the seals are terrible. I had a vertical flue leak into the boiler, the actual flue not my joints. Commissioning is old fashioned. Plastic components, Rubbish ‘O’ rings etc etc etc

Yeah I’ve fitted s few. I’m basing my comment on the fact that they are ****. Lol
Air intake tends to come off in transit and won’t run with it off. The combustion door is terrible, the seals are terrible. I had a vertical flue leak into the boiler, the actual flue not my joints. Commissioning is old fashioned. Plastic components, **** ‘O’ rings etc etc etc
You Don't like them then ? bet your a Worcester man ! Strange fitted a few over the last 4 mths never had any problems what model Vokera did you fit ? And no I don't only fit Vokera this Mth its been Ideal units

You Don't like them then ? bet your a Worcester man ! Strange fitted a few over the last 4 mths never had any problems what model Vokera did you fit ? And no I don't only fit Vokera this Mth its been Ideal units
HAha yeah used to be a Worcester man, but find them too complicated, too expensive, too plastic, too hard to work on and too many common faults. I mainly fit Baxi now :)

Hi harvest, what type of scale reducer do you recommend she get.
If I am honest as long as they fit one it doesn’t much matter. But I fit Fernox inline scale reducers but compression not push fit as I have had a couple of push fits leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which combi boiler is best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock