1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Which electric heater to use with wet UFH? in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. k993802

k993802 New Member

Hi

ive built a 6m x 4m summerhouse at the end of my garden.
    its a block construction with insulation and timber cladding.

I have the ufh pipework set into 65mm of screed and would like to heat the water using an electric inline heater.

Any bright ideas on which electric inline heater is best for this?
    Also I'm struggling with how best to plumb this in as I won't have a feed and return that drives a traditional central heating system.

i have a JG speedfit controller to use: in my home the ufh controller works brilliantly with my nest thermostat.

thanks in advance

2. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

And yes you would have a feed and return circuit

Also you would need a blending valve either in combo with a manifold or separate

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. tamz

tamz Guest

It would have been much easier and cheaper to have done an electric underfloor but such is life.

5. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
    It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
    It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

7. DougFIDHEE

DougFIDHEE New Member

Use an Amptec electric in line UFH model, they are soft start and modulate from 12 kw, down through 9 then 6 and finally 3kw--cost about £550

8. Worcester

Worcester Plumber

Would have been even better (and cheaper) to have put a small air-air heat pump in.
    rapid response, 1/4 of the running costs of electric boiler... Would even have cooled it in the summer :)