Currently reading:
Which push-fit type to use ??

Discuss Which push-fit type to use ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickym

Hi I am doing some plumbing in my kitchen, new taps, stopcock, washing machine and have to re-arrange the pipe work etc.
Will probably be using push-fit fittings and pipe.
Which is best the plastic push-fits / pipe or the copper push-fits / pipe ??
and any reasons for your choice ?? Thanks

Hep2O is good and pipe more bendy than john guest speedfit, but speedfit fittings designed for use by diy as the inserts also have o rings to make up for not pushing pipe into fittings properly, but use collets on fittings to stop them loosening later on!:D

i use polypipe fittings. i like them having 16 teeth so its got a better hold on the pipe. its also useable on copper pipe due to the 16 teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Old Plumber, Hep is good stuff, just remember to use pipe inserts and buy a decent pair of plastic pipe cutters to ensure a good clean fit. Use plenty of pipe clips too, every 300mm or so for horizontal pipework, the nail in ones go straight into concrete/brickwork and are cheap as chips!

Hep or polly plumb,both good as far as push fit goes,but please please please stay away from speed fit,always remember to use inserts especially on hot water

Some say stay away from Speed Fit .... are they that bad ??
Also one further question..... for the 'hot water feed to a washing machine' fitting... some of the fitting is only for a cold/hot feed NOT for use for central heating..... but if the hot feed comes from the combination boiler is that ok to use..... or are they just meaning the washing machine fitting must not be on the c/h heating circuit but is ok from the combi hot water circuit ?? thanks for all help and advice so far

I dont like any speed fit fittings the only time I use them is occassionally is kitchen mixer tap straight connector. And if in a difficult place tap connecters.

I dont like them even more recently was at a job couple just moved in and they had notice a leak, it was from being capped off and I and they where to close to a bend. New ceiling for them.

Some say stay away from Speed Fit .... are they that bad ??
Also one further question..... for the 'hot water feed to a washing machine' fitting... some of the fitting is only for a cold/hot feed NOT for use for central heating..... but if the hot feed comes from the combination boiler is that ok to use..... or are they just meaning the washing machine fitting must not be on the c/h heating circuit but is ok from the combi hot water circuit ?? thanks for all help and advice so far
not for central heating is just that ok to use on water side

i work for a guy who has been in the game 25 years, very busy, very successful, almost all recommendation work, many customers that's he's worked for years and years and he's been using speedfit forever and says there's nothing at all wrong with it and has never had any probs with it.

so i find myself confused by how much bad talk it gets here. on the one hand i've got him swearing by it and everyone else on here claiming it'll drown you as you sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which push-fit type to use ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock