Search the forum,

Discuss which SDS drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all I'm after a 240v sds drill to drill 25mm holes for blow offs ect. I've got a 18v makita sds brushless I've been using for this for the past year but it seems to be damaging it which obviously its not designed for this so if any one can recommend a decent drill not really bothered about price to much. thanks dom

Ive just bought a cheapy from screwfix for 69 quid.
Built like a tank. And i can treat it like crap with its 2yr gtee

Titan TTB631SDS 8 joule

Ill see how it lasts. If nothing else ill have biceps like Arnie.

Last edited by a moderator:
just about any good name 2kg SDS drill will do the job.. I have a hitachi which I simply cant remember how old it is, at least 10 years.. its started to leak grease last year and its still going ok..

Agree most of the major brands of 2KG class will be fine for what you want, I do like my Bosch SDS though only because the SDS mechanism seems more progressive whereas I often use a mate's Mak and I have a Hitachi too and they can be Uzi like on full auto with their delivery and blow open hole in an instant if you're not careful.

Maybe it's a ****ing contest between brands as to who can produce the most joules per kg, still sometimes it can't be helped...Blaaaaat...ohh ffs.

Agree most of the major brands of 2KG class will be fine for what you want, I do like my Bosch SDS though only because the SDS mechanism seems more progressive whereas I often use a mate's Mak and I have a Hitachi too and they can be Uzi like on full auto with their delivery and blow open hole in an instant if you're not careful.

Maybe it's a ****ing contest between brands as to who can produce the most joules per kg, still sometimes it can't be helped...Blaaaaat...ohh ffs.

worth bearing in mid, whilst a huge impact force does allow you to drill more quickly, it also has the tendency to blow out the off side of the wall

Just buy a good quality 25mm dry diamond bit, there's no blowout and a good cordless will do. I use my Milwaukee for these.

Last edited:
Ive just bought a cheapy from screwfix for 69 quid.
Built like a tank. And i can treat it like crap with its 2yr gtee

Titan TTB631SDS 8 joule

Ill see how it lasts. If nothing else ill have biceps like Arnie.
Its **** - dont bother

Just buy a good quality 25mm dry diamond bit, there's no blowout and a good cordless will do. I use my Milwaukee for these.

Can you get them that small? I have a long 30mm, that's it I think.

i got a dewalt from B&Q the cheap type aimed at DIYers, used it to core flue holes before my core gun, still going strong.

Maybe look for one with hammer action only? Ideal for raggling walls... My battery hitachi has it and it's great, not seen it on many drills

i got a dewalt from B&Q the cheap type aimed at DIYers, used it to core flue holes before my core gun, still going strong.

Maybe look for one with hammer action only? Ideal for raggling walls... My battery hitachi has it and it's great, not seen it on many drills

I have a bosch 2kg sds. It gets abused and I use it for coring as well. It's about three years old. Had to rewire the mains cord as it blew through the cable.

Any decent 2kg SDS will do the job.
Or, consider getting your hands a 24v cordless SDS.
Doesn't have to break the bank, a cheap one will do.

• Agree
Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which SDS drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock