Search the forum,

Discuss Which shower can I have with an old Baxi bbu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am a newbie......just bought an older house looking to fix it up. Just didn't realise how bad things would be.
Can I please ask I have an old baxi bbu......and the shower I have fitted it just terrible.....it just sorts of splutters, there is no real water pressure and it is hit and miss if it actually works at all. I have had a couple of people out and they all say it needs ripping out and a combi putting in. And of course I realise that. But because everyone is so busy and can't fit me in and money is tight because I need a full electric rewrite in the house. So can't I replace the shower with a power shower or electric one. I just think the plumbers see the bbu and are just not interested in helping me.

other than using a pump your stuck, if your going down the re wire route get an electric one fitted

Your shower is nowt to do with the Boiler.

Apart from the temp of hot water.

You need a good experienced (probably older), heating engineer / Plumber to give sound advice.

In my opinion, I’d ignore the “rip it out and fit a combi” brigade. It’s the easiest option for them but not necessarily right for you.

Is your shower directly below the tanks in loft. Head being like 0.5m? Thats your problem... Either raise the tank in attic as high as possible. Put a bigger tank in for better pressure. (Alot of work) or fit a booster pump...which can be noisey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which shower can I have with an old Baxi bbu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock