Search the forum,

Discuss Which water softening unit to use for space heating water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cassie Bode

Hi,

I'm currently looking to move into a new place near London where the water is awfully hard. I've been recommended to get a water softening unit for my boiler... which one would you recommend?

Thanks,

Cassie

Hi Cassie, need to know the make & model of the boiler, some don`t like softened water going through them but a water softener can be still fitted for the rest of the flat ie taps. Which one you fit can depends on the space available.

Hi rpm,

The boiler is the Baxi Duo-Tec 24 - I think!

space efficiency is key in this home!

Thanks

Hi rpm,

The boiler is the Baxi Duo-Tec 24 - I think!

space efficiency is key in this home!

Thanks
Two choices then 1) wait for further replies, 2) visit Baxi web site.
I have very limited working knowledge of softeners so unable to advise on them.

The installation manual for the boiler states that "Only water that has NOT been artificially softened must used when filling or re-pressurising the primary system. If the mains cold water to the property is fitted with an artificial softening/treatment device the source use to fill or re-pressurise the system must be upstream of such a device.” By implication, this suggests that the domestic hot water circuit can be supplied from a water softener, but categorically states the heating circuit must be filled from in-softened water. I'd be inclined to ask Baxi to confirm this in writing.

Both Harvey and Kinetico water softeners seem to get good reports, but I have no personal experience of either of them.

Do a search on the forum for 'water softeners', there are a number of threads containing useful information for you.
Consider a water softener a long term investment so don't buy cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which water softening unit to use for space heating water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock