Search the forum,

Discuss Will this shower control work on my shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen this for sale

AXOR hansgrohe Thermostatic Value Shower Control 3 Settings Silver Metal

How do I know if this will work on my shower? We have a very outdated shower from the 80s, with a simple lever mechanism that turns shower water on and adjusts temperature. Will this one listed above be able to replace such a fitting and if yes, how difficult is this to do?
Thanks

It almost certainly won't work without substantial work. The Hansgrohe AXOR stuff is first class, and correspondingly expensive.

Assuming you are looking at the one one Ebay then:

1. Its not complete, it needs some sort of wall fitting, possibly, but not necessarily, a Hansgrohe "IBox", which would need to be sunk into the wall. Given the need to connect pipes, you should work on the assumption that the wall will need to be broken open to re-install / re-align pipes.
2. As far as I can see its not in the current Hansgrohe catalogue, so spares and the wall fittings might be an issue.

All Hans grohe built in valves need an I box, to allow it to be built in .
Make sure your not just buying a trim set.

Have seen this for sale

AXOR hansgrohe Thermostatic Value Shower Control 3 Settings Silver Metal

How do I know if this will work on my shower? We have a very outdated shower from the 80s, with a simple lever mechanism that turns shower water on and adjusts temperature. Will this one listed above be able to replace such a fitting and if yes, how difficult is this to do?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will this shower control work on my shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I need to replace my Grohe Geotherm shower cubicle mounted control unit. Its around 17 years old but replacements seem to be available The main hot / cold water control unit is in the loft, I think its working ok How do I get the replacement cubicle control to connect to the loft unit...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
I'm attempting to replace an ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge but, having removed the temperature control knob from the housing that incorporates the temperature 'stop' mechanism, I cannot pull this housing free from the rest of the assembly. I can see no circlip holding it in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock