Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring up bathroom fan from pull cord. Correct? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi everyone,

I have a bathroom fan to wire up tomorrow evening. I have had a look through the instructions but wanted to double check a few things.

The fan has no timer just a neutral and live.

The light pull cord has just L1 and com and earth connections so can I use this?

I am fitting an isolator switch for the fan just outside the bathroom.

From what I see it needs a fused spur with a 3amp fuse. I'll keep it clear what I think I need to do. I need a neutral for the fan so this is what I think is throwing me.

1. Cable from light switch to fuse spur.

2. Cable from fuse spur to fan switch.

3. Cable from fan switch to fan.

I know there may need to be some alterations to the existing. If anyone can advise further that would be great. Thanks

Should have timer, you need live, switched live, N, E. take from ceiling rose to 3 pole isolator, i think

best get a sparky as bathrooms are a special place eg anything inside needs to be done by a qualified person

unless your talking about an inline one

To be honest, if you are having to ask these questions, it is evident that you are neither qualified to do this legally, unless you are putting it through Building Control, (?) nor have you made the investment in training or reading the relevant literature that would make me think you were basically going to be doing this safely (albeit illegally).
To find a neutral behind a light switch in the UK is very very rare indeed.
Not trying to be hostile, but since everyone on this forum seems to go into panic mode any time anyone mentions working on a sealed system, on solid fuel, or on gas, perhaps we should be consistent and apply the same rule to electrics, lest we be accused of job protectionism above safety.

To be honest, if you are having to ask these questions, it is evident that you are neither qualified to do this legally, unless you are putting it through Building Control, (?) nor have you made the investment in training or reading the relevant literature that would make me think you were basically going to be doing this safely (albeit illegally).
To find a neutral behind a light switch in the UK is very very rare indeed.
Not trying to be hostile, but since everyone on this forum seems to go into panic mode any time anyone mentions working on a sealed system, on solid fuel, or on gas, perhaps we should be consistent and apply the same rule to electrics, lest we be accused of job protectionism above safety.
That’s why I added the link to @leesparkykent

Reply to Wiring up bathroom fan from pull cord. Correct? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock