Search the forum,

Discuss Wirquin Easy Clic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulplumb

Just come across this Wirquin Easy Clic flushing mechanism. Anyone fitted one of these? Can't see it working myself.

[video=youtube;-9ApUCDmg7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ApUCDmg7M[/video]

Amazing! But everything is easy on adverts. Nothing is murder tight and everything just turns easy with a light hand movement.
I don't think I could remove any I have tightened up.

What about the washer between the cistern and toilet ? Getting loose , and wouldn't seal really would it ?

I've fitted a fair few wirquin ball valve and siphons but ill give this one a miss, looks like a good idea but that old back nut was already loose not screwed tight to death

Someone mentioned this on here before after a trade show...

It's wirquinn, so it's going to be cheap fiddily overpriced tat... Like said before the back nuts are done up with grips, no way of it coming apart that easy... I seriously doubt the adhesive strength or durability, any probs they will just blame you for not getting the cistern bone dry!

There is also a serious design flaw... Some cisterns are held to the pan through the backplate, if this just sticks to the inside then the cistern will just fall off lol or am I missing something??

Someone mentioned this on here before after a trade show...

It's wirquinn, so it's going to be cheap fiddily overpriced tat... Like said before the back nuts are done up with grips, no way of it coming apart that easy... I seriously doubt the adhesive strength or durability, any probs they will just blame you for not getting the cistern bone dry!

There is also a serious design flaw... Some cisterns are held to the pan through the backplate, if this just sticks to the inside then the cistern will just fall off lol or am I missing something??

I have just watched the video again, pausing it so I could study each step. The new flush valve IS glued down, but if you look carefully you will see the plastic tool he holds the original old nut with is used to pull the old nut finally back up over the prongs of the new valve.
How that works beats me! Surely the nuts vary in depth.
It's a load of French tat, although to be fair to Wirquin, their normal flush valves and fill valves are fairly good and reliable or maybe better than many.

Can see this being more hassle to be honest. Rather strip it down and fit fluid master gear. Yes the wingnuts can be a hassle at times but dremel cuts through them in under a min job done.

plus I find the doughnut washer has normally had it by the time the flush mech needs replacing

I have just watched the video again, pausing it so I could study each step. The new flush valve IS glued down, but if you look carefully you will see the plastic tool he holds the original old nut with is used to pull the old nut finally back up over the prongs of the new valve.
How that works beats me! Surely the nuts vary in depth .

It only clicks in place, I figured that was just to keep the old nut from causing a restriction...

On closer inspection the diagram shows a pan supported by separate bolts & not the through the metal wing nut backplate style... So I guess it's only suitable for them

im guessing we could make our own with a fluidmaster, just apply some grip fix round the base & splodge into position & hope for the best!

I look forward to someone fitting one & reviewing it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wirquin Easy Clic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it needs to be removed. They're a few videos that supposedly explain how to do it, but none for countertop dishwashers. I only saw one mention what you...
Replies
Views
My toilet flush valve is continually draining (the rubber seal has perished) . . . I'd be grateful if someone could give me a link to parts that will fit in there and replace the current valves?
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock