Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 24Si II Boiler - Red Light flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sparks1

My 92 year old Gran has a Worcester 24Si II Boiler for about 9 years and when I switch the heating on after about 30 secs the Red Light starts flashing fast. The hot water works fine its just when I try to switch heating on.

See pictures attached.

When I switch it off and reset biker it is fine for the hot water only. But whenever I try and put the heating on it displays the red lightning flashing as if their is a fault or it is overheating?

Can anyone help and advise what the issue may be?

Also is it worth getting fixed or should we look at getting a new boiler?

Much appreciated if any advice is given.

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

Me personally if you can afford I would price a new boiler up, they wernt the best from new and you don't want it going down in the middle of winter

Normally they only last 12 years maximum

With these it could be just a small part, But they are known for PCB fault and that is quite an expensive fix ÂŁ200. + get Worcester out on a fixed price repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 24Si II Boiler - Red Light flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, I have a Bosch 35CDi, and today found all the lights flashing on the front. Normally I can reset the boiler, but this did not work. There isn't an error code, since even the error code display is flashing. I have searched the internet but cannot see this problem elsewhere, since every...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
A
Gloworm FF50 both the reset and burner lights are flashing and just buzzing, not firing up. Currently no hot water or heating, everything was working ok earlier today, then just suddenly stopped.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, Newly moved into a house with a mains fed cylinder system. I've never had one before and struggling to get it working. When I turn either heating or water off at the timing unit, the other works fine. Eg, with heating off, water works and vica versa. The indicator lights are solid blue...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock