Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28CDI Service Confusion.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarkr

Gas Engineer
Hi all, i went to service one off these today but i had to abandon and say i'll be back in a couple of days. This has really throughn me badly and its the first time i've attempted to service one of these aswell so no prior knowledge.

A bit of background british gas have "serviced" it for the last 14years approx, i'm the first independent gsr the customer has had in since he cancelled the contract just under a year ago. I Checked the data sticker on the boiler and it said 12.1mb burner pressure, as i haven't done one of these i asked the customer if he had a manual to check minimum pressure. I was presented with this manual: Worcester 28 CDi RSF Installation and Servicing Instructions | Worcester, Bosch Group

I noticed the Gas valve looks nothing alike the one in the manual above but the 12.1mb correlated so i carried on.
When tested on DHW on minimum and i'm getting 4mb and maximum of 7.9mb which is miles off what the manual says.

So my first question is can it honestly fall out off range this quickly, as in a year since british gas was here. This has stopped me in my tracks as i've never seen something this old this far out.

Since ive got home ive found this manual for the boiler aswell, which the boiler in question has this gas valve:
https://www.freeboilermanuals.com/a...Installation-and-Servicing-Instructions-2.pdf

Which manual would you guys follow? The data sticker says 12.1mb but its a completely different gas valve.

Im stumped on this one.... im just to unsure to start adjusting when the minimum and max value is that far out. Is there a reason someone would adjust it that way?

Any help would be great on this one
Cheers
Mark

What were the figures eg co2 o2 ppm and gas rate ?

What were the figures eg co2 o2 ppm and gas rate ?
Couldn't take analyser readings this boiler is jammed up tight to a ceiling couldn't even see a flue gas port on it as its also in side a airing cupboard which i can barley fit in. Its a vertical flue through the roof so couldn't do it from outside with ease either.

Honestly didnt gas rate it as i would of imagined it'd be miles out so would do on my return, maybe wishing i did now as it'd at least show how many kw it was using on max....

op do 4 more non spamming posts and pm me your gas safe no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28CDI Service Confusion.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock