Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boiler pressure/leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. The pressure on my Worcester 24cdi boiler is at zero. When I try to raise pressure using the filling key, lots of excess water is pouring out of where the key is inserted and pressure is not increasing. Please could you advise if this is something that needs a plumber/engineer, or should I just allow all excess water to drain out? There appears to be quite a lot of water coming out and I don't want to make problem any worse. Thanks very much

Have you tried removing the key and re inserting it ?

There's a key way at the top that it turn locks Into

Have you tried removing the key and re inserting it ?

There's a key way at the top that it turn locks Into

Yes, the key is inserted correctly. I've not had any problem when I've had to raise the pressure before, but now that the pressure has been sat at zero this has started happening.
The boiler is still working, but if used for a while (eg running a hot bath) the boiler starts making quite loud noises and pressure or steam is released from the top of the boiler.

Needs a gas safe engy to look and check it's ok also needs to sort the pressure loss out as zero pressure in the boiler can damage it

The filling link has now been redesigned and could be changed by your enginneer to make it easier for the boiler to be filled , dont use the boiler with less than 0.5 bar in the system your could damage the boiler . cheers kop

Whilst you say it's in right it is worth double checking as I have taken far too much money from people who have called me out for this very reason and it turns out the key isn't pushed fully into place (believe or not this isn't nice to take money for as it's such an easy mistake to chexk) that said, I've had my fair share that have had a leak from another lark of the filling link. So treble check it's in right and if it is but still leaking the you will need a gas safe registered engineer. To give you an idea it's normally about an hour to fix plus a fairly inexpensive part (but obviously that's without seeing the boiler so of course it could be something far bigger (costlier)). Good luck.

What was the outcome of you don't mind ?

My guess is leak from the plastic block to the right of the filling link as that's what I've experienced most of. Or as I said, key not fully home. Hopefully op will let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boiler pressure/leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock