Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 30i Combi boiler HW problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

New to the forum so sorry to jump straight in with a question...but I have Worcester Bosch combi 30 boiler with a hot water issue and I need some help!

I recently purchased a house and the boiler is a Bosch Combi 30. It is relatively new (approx 3/4 years) but is out of warranty.

After moving in we went to fire up the heating and hot water but discovered the heating went on fine but the hot water has the following issue -

The boiler will heat the temperature of the water contained inside to the temperature set on the boiler. If I open a hot tap and keep the flow very low, the boiler will continue to heat the water flowing through it at the temperature set on the dial. I tested this with water flowing at a low rate for a 10 min period with no issue.

If I then open up the tap to a fairly high flow rate, the boiler will then empty the contents of the water held at the set temperature, until it runs cold, through this process the boiler sounds like it’s trying to fire up to heat the water flowing through it but never does. The water then stays at a temperature of 20 degrees as per the dial on the boiler (it doesn’t fluctuate) until it eventually flashes up with a EA fault code, which suggests it’s failing to ignite.

I’m a competent person who is in the kitchen trade so have already spoke with a couple of gas engineer friends who can’t shed any light on the situation. One suggested the secondary heat exchanger plate. The other suggested maybe a diverter valve.

I have had the heat exchanger out and it looks very new inside the inlet/outlet with no signs of crap built up inside at all so not much luck there.

The diverter valve also seems to operate when the boiler is turned on and off with the pin moving freely in and out indicating it’s not stuck.

My question is if anyone has had similar issues like this before and if anyone can maybe help before i have to get Bosch out to pull my pants down!

Thanks

Justin

sorry to say you cant go messing with anything internally to a gas appliance without being qualified, best option would to get one of your mates round as you say there qualified

if they dont know Worcester do a fixed price repair or get another engineer to have a look

"I have had the heat exchanger out and it looks very new inside the inlet/outlet with no signs of crap built up inside at all so not much luck there."

Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not you should not be removing the casing of the boiler to remove the plate heat exchanger.

Thanks for the input, with all due respect I’m not some DIYer poking around in an appliance with no clue with what I’m doing. I know letter of the law does not allow any persons not gas safe registered to touch a gas appliance but I’m trying to get a boiler in my own home operating and under supervision from fellow friends who are gas safe engineers.
My post is purely for information to see if this has happened to anyone else who have had similar issues so if/when I do need extensive repairs to the boiler I have already eliminated the process of finding the fault for a gas safe engineer to carry out!
Don’t worry I won’t be doing the work myself!
Cheers

If your not doing the work your self then why have you already opened / removed the case and cleaned / inspected the phe

???

We are going of topic here. I appreciate your concern but if you can’t help then that’s fine.
I have just spoken with my gas engineer (who suggested getting some extra help from a forum) is now going to come and inspect/put it all back.
So my question is to help him fix my boiler, all expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What I mean is I’m in the trade, all be it not a qualified plumber, but I know what I’m doing.

In regards to gas appliance sorry your neither qualified or deemed competent

If your engineer can't fix it, either get a Worcester approved one or Worcester themselves

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 30i Combi boiler HW problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock