Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester cdi EA fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokecity

Gas Engineer
Hi guys

Does the worcester cdi have an internal bypass?

Long story short ive done some ufh on a worcester cdi not a big system 7 rads and ive added a 10m2 conservatory pack.

Both zone valves ( for ufh and radiators ) have been left locked open untill spark goes back. Just over a week later boiler developed EA fault and goes to lockout after 4 attempts sometimes it lights briefly.

Customer has got boiler cover so they have been out. First said the condense was blocked. Then something else. Now they saying its pressure build up as i havnt fitted a bypass.

Just want to double check before i tell him hes wrong

Have you split the system into a s + plan ?

Needs an external bypass as the internal one won't cope

Are / have they been locked open when the fault is on ?

But they shouldn't cause an issue as ea is normally no flame detected

Needs an external bypass as the internal one won't cope

Are / have they been locked open when the fault is on ?

But they shouldn't cause an issue as ea is normally no flame detected

Yes both locked open with fault on. Boiler goes stright to lockout so i cant see how it would be pressure build up anyway

I had one recently where the tube inside the condense trap had kinked and was causing the condense to back up. Worcester have completely changed the trap now. It is nothing like the original design. Not done it once since.

May not have an integral bypass if its a CDi conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester cdi EA fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock