Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave Random lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a Worcester Heatslave 20/25 with bentone b11c burner, The burner has started randomly locking out, it can run for 30 minutes or 10 hours before locking out, it always resets and fires straight away.

I have cleaned the oil filter and checked the photocell which are all fine.

I do a lot of boiler repairs on gas boilers but not on oil boilers.

Any advice?

Thanks for the reply, I have checked oil pressure and all fine and CPA as above.

I suspected the photocell initially but it seems a bit too intermittent for that, so my thoughts were the control box. Why do you think it is the coil?

Spot on with your diagnosis, tested it when working it was 2.2 k ohms, then goes to O/C when it fails then fluctuates and comes back to 2.2 after a few seconds.

Yes I have three multimeters and lots of other test equipment as I am an electrician as well as a heating engineer.

Thanks again, I will get one ordered.

Surprised it was the coil as they don't usually fail in long periods of hours, unless that is the burner is firing in short time periods and allowing the coil to cool for a long period, such as if boiler just doing the hot water, or low demand circuit.
Generally coils fail either totally, or can work in near permanent burner running conditions in periods of up to about one hour max.
Usually so little time to lockout that I wait to prove it failing.
Another thing to be aware of the Bentone B11 burners is the motor can give trouble and cause intermittent lockouts.
The 10% Co2 is a bit low for that burner. Should be 11% minimum. All the other readings will then become more normal

Last edited:
Thank you Best, thats useful information. What are the symptoms and how would you test if the motor is failing?

Last edited:
I Adjusted the air adjustment and the new readings are:
O2 % 1.2
CO2 % 11.2
CO ppm 62
flue temp 200.5 oC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Heatslave Random lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have Worcester Bosch heatslave external oil boiler 18/25 Boiler locked out. Pressure was below 0.5 so brought pressure back up. When lock out is reset the burner attempts to light but sounds like a bag of spanners and cuts out again smelling strongly of oil. We have plenty of oil & the...
Replies
Views
We have an outdoor Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25/32 Oil Fired Combi. We are getting a random lockout fault, code 855 9F. Pushing reset sorts it for a while sometimes an hour sometimes 4 hours. I can't get hold of the engineer that installed it. Is there anything I could try until he responds...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello!! I’ve got an old heatslave 20/25 running on kerosene. Came up with a lockout today. Tested everything I could. Symptoms, blower not starting. But… The burner runs and the boiler works if I bypass the “back to mainboard” loop for the blower motor live. To be specific, pin 4 pink wire from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock