Search the forum,

Discuss Worst disasters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John t

Last year , in the middle of a bathroom re-fit, came the time to turn the water off. For one reason and another, I had to use the outside stopcock, for such an old house the tap turned fairly easily, until the corroded handle broke off anyway!! So here I was, A house with no water and a broken tap buried 750mm under a patio AAARRRRGGGHHHH With this stop tap being the wrong side of the property line the water board couldn't help me, with more experience I should have looked for the one in the street then it's the Water authorities problem if anything goes wrong. After an hour of trying to get a pair of mole grips on this 'stump' at the bottom of a 6" sq hole, there was nothing else for it but to grab a pick axe and dig. Plan A was to dig around it and replace the tap, lead pipe as well of course but with time running out I reverted to plan B. strip the tap in-situ, get the tap open and use the stop tap in the street. As luck (?) would have it stripping the tap down gave me a bit more of the stump to go with the mole grips, (and I had dug a 'cavern ' around the tap so I had a bit more space.) Well the tap turned and you could have heard my sigh of relief miles away.
Any body else had a fun day?

Not had one that bad yet, I fitted an electric shower today did all the plumbing did the electrics, New fuse, 10mm wire under the floor and down the wall in the kitchen, tested the electrical work to part p turned the shower on and RCD triped tryed this 3 times tested the wire to the shower got power to where it should be pressed the switch to turn the shower on RCD triped again, Must be shower fault told customer to phone fault line as it had a two year warranty, customer had shower 12 months in the box no receipt what can you do

did a bathroom for my friends son last week as he had damaged the bath removing tiles,took a call of the son today guess what he's done !!!! only damaged the new bath and broke the tap off ...you guessed it dropped another tile on it .. kids !

Took some floorboards up once when i was doing a bathroom for a mate and slipped on a wet joist and put a leg through the newly plastered, still-wet ceiling, but haven't we all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst disasters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock