Search the forum,

Discuss your advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter gilbert

hello all,i have a mains mersey super which has given me 15 years of good service(with regular inspections) it has now developed a fault whereby after using hot water for a prolonged time(eg bath) the pilot light goes out and is a bugger to get going again,the thermocoupling has been replaced to no avail. The engineer believes the flame saftey device is the problem,ive seen replacements avalable for between £80-£180. My question is would you spend out on this heater,bearing in mind its age,or would you replace it with an updated version such as the main gas(baxi)multipoint ballanced flue model,i belive the flue lines up with the old model but dont know if any other mods are required as space is limited. Many thanks for looking in. Peter.

Hi Rixy, is ur system vented .? If so turn off the mains and run the hot and cold tap isolate the hot water then connect the hot and cold together (use the washing maching hot and cold.) connect 1 hose from the hot water to the cold water and turn back on ur cold water mains that should get rid of the airlock. Apart from that ??? I don't know mate hope this helps.

for get above post wrong person soz.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I would say worth repairing,if in reasonable condition,check pilot nozzle /jet is not partly blocked and heat exchanger finns above burner nice and clean,allowing clear flow of burnt gases

imho

Puddle,took your advice and checked the pilot injector,almost totally blocked,cleaned,refitted and now working great.Many thanks,Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to your advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock