Search the forum,

Discuss Your opinions on this van please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Used HYUNDAI H100 STD VAN TURBO Diesel Vans | Van Trader UK

Have not seen much on this forum about these vans, does anyone know if they are expensive to run or unreliable?

Although i'm not in need of a van for work just yet, I do have a motocross bike and have got fed up with towing a trailer so thought good time to get my first van. It will would end up being my work van eventually so want something half decent, that looks respectable and won't pack up on me every other month or cost me a fortune to run. Would this make a good work van for plumbing?

I just got a insurance quote for it and it is slightly higher than other vans I have had quotes for. The Toyota Hiace and a Nissan Vanette.

I was ideally looking for a Transporter as my dad has one and he says it has been reliable but i can't find one with lowish mileage in good condition for the same price. I'm not in a great rush for a van but would be good to hear your opinions anyway, thanks.

Last edited:
Sell ya motocross bike and buy something newer to be honest.
Anyway if you make it as a decent plumber you will not have time to ride your bike, pretty much like I have managed 800 miles all year.
Not that I am a good plumber.

As quality, its a 11-12 year old Hyundai. Poor engines to name one issue!
Would try go bit more cash for something more reliable to be honest.

Sell ya motocross bike and buy something newer to be honest.
Anyway if you make it as a decent plumber you will not have time to ride your bike, pretty much like I have managed 800 miles all year.
Not that I am a good plumber.

haha Only get out on the motocross bike 2-3 times a year anyway :(

Thought the van looked good value considering the relatively low mileage and FSH but think I'll hang on to my money for a bit longer no rush as it is. Cheers

I always think these "forward control" style vans just look a little micky mouse.... Reliability wise, I think it is a Mazda with Hyundai's badge on it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
for your price range look at the Peugeot expert,fiat scudo/Citroen dispatch,there are loads about i have the 2.0 hdi it goes like a rocket i did have the head go on mine when i first got it but that was trough the previous owner i got it fixed free by the dealer,i have since recommended the van to others a carpenter mate bought one on a 05 plate after his vito got written off he recons its a better van than the merc they also come with a 1.9 engine these are better on diesel but sluggish

for your price range look at the Peugeot expert,fiat scudo/Citroen dispatch,there are loads about i have the 2.0 hdi it goes like a rocket i did have the head go on mine when i first got it but that was trough the previous owner i got it fixed free by the dealer,i have since recommended the van to others a carpenter mate bought one on a 05 plate after his vito got written off he recons its a better van than the merc they also come with a 1.9 engine these are better on diesel but sluggish

i got the 1.9 diesel.. very sluggish, dosn't go past 60mph very often

part of me thinks id like a fast van,, and the other half say's cheaper on diesel and less likely to get speeding ticket in a slow van, ive never own'd a fast car, but i use my mrs's car which is only a focus but do 40-50mph easily in 30's without even realising.

Thanks i'll check those out also i'm not really thinking of spending anymore than 2.5k on my first van but still expect to get something ok for that money. Less than 80,000 miles on the clock and lengthy MOT will be a good start but I want to feel confident that it won't be costing me an arm and a leg in repairs breaking down on me all the time.

If you have a spare couple of free hours during the day check out some local commercial auctions. It will open your eyes on prices.

same boat as me ash.
i have a too big a transit and need something smaller. i have been looking all over for the right van and have narrowed it to the scudo, doblo or swb transit for the repair bills and size/economy. i also have a mate who is a decorator and says the toyota is brilliant!.

i too used to own a brilliant vw lt35 with 350k on the clock and never missed a beat. (my van of choice if i could afford one but parts are very expensive), when i took a look at the t5 vw's, then your looking at 10 years or older for the ÂŁ3k price. sigh!.

For 3k your in citreon, fiat , renualt ball park, you take your chances with these sort of motors but don`t be sold on the low mileage thing as the citreon/peugeot engine can go forever

As i'm not really in a hurry to get something I can keep looking without rushing in and getting something i regret. Some of the vans I have seen for sale are a disgrace tatty and too expensive or stupidly high mileage.

I like Transits but been advised against one as a work van.

I have seen a Toyota Hiace for ÂŁ400 which has been fitted out with shelving, 170,000 miles very tatty but tempted to get it, take the shelving out and sell it on straight away and carry on looking. At least I will have shelving :)

Ya would probably get ÂŁ200 on a weigh in on that van.
Dispatch or the peugeot equivalent is what you want to be looking for

Ya would probably get ÂŁ200 on a weigh in on that van.
Dispatch or the peugeot equivalent is what you want to be looking for

quality what do you drive? The Dispatch looks good value compared to some others.

I have a new vw caddy which great but not cheap the apprentice has a dispatch and although a bit rattley its bullet proof

Hope to have something in the next 6-8 weeks, guess I better keep looking!

looks like its led a hard life but could still be a good buy,if its near you it may be worth a look,things to look out for on the hdi,you want to see the engine stone cold,grab the hoses that feed the rad,they should not be hard/under pressure if they are walk away but if they are soft thats a good start,it should start instantly from cold if it dont the starters shot,and it should go into gear easily and pull like a train,if the side doors dont shut properly thats normal they just need adjusting and the door locks wear out quick but are cheap to replace

i got the 1.9 diesel.. very sluggish, dosn't go past 60mph very often

I,ve got the diesel as well , but the locks are poor , if you get one of these you must get dead locks fitted

Gasman has been had with engine problems on these and he is correct on what he suggests, also the gearbox can cause fault, accelerate hard in first gear then foot of all pedals it should glide to a smooth stop if it don't then the gearbox is on its last legs

Thanks for advice guys, will report back if I go to see it but might be better off looking for something else.

I'll be selling my Combo soon if anyones interested then PM me and I'll give you details. Only selling as I'm getting a company van next month.

Message to mods - Not sure what the rules are on advertising here so if this contravenes them then please remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your opinions on this van please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock