Search the forum,

Discuss YP advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
just looking for more opinions on Yell.com and yellow pages guys.

I ve been in for two years now and and costs me best part of £1500 per year, It is time for renewal and price has gone up and i am wondering is it all worth it.

Does it pay for itself? - well yes but the return on the investment is much lower than the £72 per year or £40 parish mags which bring in quite a bit.

I would rather use tha money more efficiently on something else but am worried i may drop a dangly spherical if i pull out.

cheers

I've just got rid of mine after 2 years as I only broke about even on my investment and I found their customer services to be absolutely dreadful! There are sooooo many plumbers on there and unless you pay top whack to be on page one I don't think you'll get many calls. But that's just my experience of them, I now just rely on my website and recommendations.....but I am lucky as my website always comes up near the top on Google as my company name says what I do in what area and is what people will type in when they Google.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

i cancelled my ad this year with yellow pages had bits from it didnt think it was worth the money

I have a single line entry in four places (central heating and plumbers in two books) and it cost me about £160(?). I chose not to advertise as there are so many plumbers around I reckoned, rather perversely, that with no advertisement it meant that I'm not desperate for customers as I'm so busy.

Generally, most come from recommendation or the internet, then the van and then goodness knows where! I do occasional adverts and have just put an ad in the local point to point race card ...

You can lead a horse to water ...

Stable bedding ...
Central heating repairs and installation

Horse rug drying ...
Aga and oil cooking/stoves maintenance and installation

Bucket filling ...
Taps fixed

Rug cleaning ...
Washing machines installed

Dog grooming ...
Bathrooms installed

Beer tent ... if only

I wouldn't recommend it after my experience,cost me £1400 for the book,yell.com and 118 247 and ive only ad about 6 jobs out of it so far. Word of mouth is ya best bet,i deff won't be renewing it,again sold to buy a salesman that fills ur head with crap.

Cancelled mine last year and spent the money advertising in local papers and parish mags. Much more work now.

thanks chaps - think i will give it miss this year - they put the price up 40% this year - outrageous!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to YP advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock