Search the forum,

Discuss Zones for new builds? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nvq level 3

Hi all,

quoting up for some new builds and as far as I was aware you only needed to put zones in if the floor area was 150sqm or above? Is this correct? As I've also been told that with the build being less than 150sqm and having separate living areas etc you have to have 2 zones for this?

Thanks.

As far as I know its only based on total floor area of 150 sq m.

No mention of living areas

Good point. If theres UFH involved that does need to be zoned.

Have a download of the domestic heating compliance guide.
Its all in there......
A right riveting read lol :)

needs zoning, the 150m2 point differentiates between one or two (or more time bases) so under 15 can have one timer and 2 regular stats, over would need programmable stats or multi channel timers

so are you saying you would have to zone upstairs from down? what's the point of the 150sqm rule? just trying to get my head around it so I don't look silly when they ask why I haven't zoned etc. thanks.

Hi all,

quoting up for some new builds and as far as I was aware you only needed to put zones in if the floor area was 150sqm or above? Is this correct? As I've also been told that with the build being less than 150sqm and having separate living areas etc you have to have 2 zones for this?

Thanks.

Discussed this today and the rule changed from over 150sq metres footprint to all zoned four years ago, British Gas refused to do it hence last year the rule was changed back to it's original state, hence anything over 150sq mts needs zoning, anything under doesn't.

Edited to add : Each zone needs Time AND Temperature control.

Last edited:
Nope.
Wrong wrong wrong.

Try downloading an up to date version
Thats 2008 J.C lol
Well Out of date
Latest avail is 2013

That to me says you need to zone??? zoning a build of 86sqm seems stupid? But with it being a new installation as its a new build, then from what that is saying zoning is required. nightmare!

So if I'm reading the up to date version correctly no zoning is required?

does seem like a step backwards though for new systems, build it in from the start makes a lot of sense imho.

If the boiler that you are fitting will modulate down enough to run either zone without cycling then zone away. Personally, I'd rather fit weather compensation and fit locksheilds to both ends of the rads. size all rooms to 21 degrees apart from the barhrooms (23) and over size every rad by 30%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zones for new builds? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit when not in use which is 90% of the time, can I put a 3 zone valve on the flow after the tenth rad and divert to a new T piece on the return to...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
Hi , recently moved into a DWH Barrett home , 3 bed house . The heating is zoned but in one bedroom only upstairs with the other bedrooms controlled by downstairs . Totally pointless system . Have contacted NHBC building control who signed this off and investigating as i feel they are not in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock