Search the forum,

Discuss 10 year old Bosch Greenstar Junior water sloshing noise, then fault in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I noticed the boiler making some strange noises last night. It made the same noise previously during a severe winter several years ago when the condensate exhaust which runs into a sink waste outside froze.
I checked the brass spiral filter and purged it and quite a lot of brown debris powder came out, it looked like rust but wasn’t gritty.
I partially drained couple of downstairs radiators with drains on and the water had a few particles and a bit discoloured.
I bled all the radiators.
I refilled from the water loop several times. It still sounds like swooshing water at times.
The boiler works for a few hours but then the error lights come on.
Pressure is good.
I read that the heat exchanger might be blocked with particles after googling the noise.
Ive ordered a Sentinal cleaner arriving on the 28th.
A service is slightly overdue, but it’s been done annually normally. Just booked in on the 29th so i wonder if a service might sort it after the cleaners ran for a few days. I’ve added chemicals before.
Medium term I’m inclined or get an eon boiler grant but I understand there’s a backlog and it cost £350 which I’m happy to pay if this is doomed as I’m quite disabled and don’t like timebombs.
Can anyone perhaps give any advice as the temperatures aren’t freezing so I don’t think it’s the condensate pipe issue again?
thanks

Attachments

• F11CC9CF-569E-4254-9197-C13780EAD04D.png
    F11CC9CF-569E-4254-9197-C13780EAD04D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
when was it last serviced ?

sounds like it needs to be serviced and a part cleaned (this shouldnt be an extra as its normal under a service)

when was it last serviced ?

sounds like it needs to be serviced and a part cleaned (this shouldnt be an extra as its normal under a service)
Best guess on the service is 1 year ago. Maybe a bit longer as covid has screwed things up a bit. Do you think I should get a new one under the grant for 350£? I think I spoke to them 6 months ago when my boiler care was expiring and they said it included power flush, which I know might be needed? I think they fit Ideal which was in the house originally 12 years ago, and that era broke down all the time, but I understand now are very good.

tbh the boiler is around 12-14 years old its upto you but the boiler is near the end of its life around 16-18 years

Reply to 10 year old Bosch Greenstar Junior water sloshing noise, then fault in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I usually get the shout from a family member who’s in the shower and found there’s no hot water. If I’m near the boiler when this happens, I can see the...
Replies
Views
S
Hello All. I have a Worcester Bosch 24i RSF (NG) that until recently has been working ok (not superb, but does it’s job). What is happening is there is a noise that I can only describe (through my years of working on cars) as, as if it is boiling and knocking maybe “kettling”. This is...
Replies
Views
having a few issues with my boiler. worcester bosch greenstar 28i. has been serviced every year. last serviced in jan. i moved into this property in feb. been experiencing these issues since feb but in the past month has gotten much worse. so radiators work fine they all heat up. the combi...
Replies
Views
GeorgeHunt
G
I have a worcester greenstar 28i junior boiler in my flat, its about 7 years old and has never put a foot wrong apart from losing a bit of pressure over the course of the week. I've moved out of the flat and its been empty for about 8 months, boiler unused. Tried the Hot water at the taps today...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and gain experience- mainly do inspections and safety checks etc, have been on the Baxi fault-finding course relatively recently, don't profess to know it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock