Discuss 1st year exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Russ79

Hi,

I've been in to my loacal collage to discuss the options for me, the tutor has told me because of my building experience to date they will let Go straight in at year 2 but have to still sit year 1 exams. Which I am very happy with. I will be doing 3-4 days a week with a plumbing company as well.
now I've got home I'm second guessing my discussion, will I be able to pass the first year exams? ( with only diy plumbing skills and from my work as site agent over seeing the job)
i have gone for a proper college course not the short cut 6week ones, which will be better in the long run.
could any one give me more insight in to year one work and exams please?
and any up to date literature that will apply to courses which I can buy..
thanks

I believe it is this one
Plumbing and Heating Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30046-A1A)
But I haven't signed up at the moment, got to speak to my new employer next week to get his take on it.
Just wanted to get an idea what the first year is about.

Wont be first year mate it will be the level one. They usually bypass and go straight to NVQ level 2. Usually a two year term to complete. Then another two years for level 3 including gas option if required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1st year exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi I'd be very grateful for any advice. My Ariston microGenus boiler is at least 20 years old. Every few years I've had to repressurize it. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back