Discuss 22 fault code, Glow worm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

billski

Gas Engineer
Got a Glow worm 18 flexicom with f22 fault.
I've replaced both flow & return thermistors, bleed all rads of air, removed the pump and cleaned it, it all seems fine and pump is strong, checked wiring continuity and that's all good. Boiler is only 6 years old and Glow worm have said it sounds like the main heat exchanger is blocked causing a restriction. Apparently they are prone to this. They don't sell a gasket kit to remove it and clean it so they've suggested I'd have to replace it! Probably better to replace the whole boiler, but it's only 6 years old.
Any one suggest anything else?
I've cleaned out the condense trap as well.

Does it try to fire at all or just faults out

Electrodes fine

What’s the fan pressure like against manufacturers listing

Got a Glow worm 18 flexicom with f22 fault.
I've replaced both flow & return thermistors, bleed all rads of air, removed the pump and cleaned it, it all seems fine and pump is strong, checked wiring continuity and that's all good. Boiler is only 6 years old and Glow worm have said it sounds like the main heat exchanger is blocked causing a restriction. Apparently they are prone to this. They don't sell a gasket kit to remove it and clean it so they've suggested I'd have to replace it! Probably better to replace the whole boiler, but it's only 6 years old.
Any one suggest anything else?
I've cleaned out the condense trap as well.
It can’t be serviced??
Does this model have a stainless heat exchanger or Ali type?

Reply to 22 fault code, Glow worm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock