Search the forum,

Discuss 28cdi weird fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So I went out for a service a week ago and they said it stops working and the hot water light flashes (air pressure fault).

I wasn't 100% certain what it was I narrowed it down to the fan slowing down for a split second when it gets hot or the aps drops out for a second and it cuts out. Because it didn't happen all the time it was difficult to pin point it.

What I did was
Checked aps hoses.
Power to fan ok.
Full strip down with analyser at end all fine, bp fine and gas rate fine.

So went back with fan and aps. Turns out it was neither.

They said it can only be fan or aps but to check flue as it might not be getting enough air. I did say if it wasn't getting enough air then co would be high.

It is impossible to check the flue completely as I would need scaffolding as the flue is coming out of the wall above the garage roof so can't get a ladder to it and can't reach off the roof.

I have looked down the flue from the test point and all looks ok. I've had the fan out and double checked the hood etc for cracks. Flame picture is spot on (I had to sit and watch for about 20 minutes before it locked out.)

So any other ideas?

Could be partly blocked primary heat exchanger, I had a GW micron Heat only the other day similar symptoms to yours connected my power flusher to F&R ( drain down system, cut pipes to connect to boiler only) put some system cleaner in left it running alternating flow now and again, went off had lunch left power flush running, reconnected to system, boiler running like new no cutting out/ lock out

Check to see if there is a restrictor ring in flue if so remove and test had a good few with this issue and this seems to resolve. And it does not affect any combustion readings etc.
Because of this I have often wondered what the point of the restrictor ring is in the first place ?.?

i've got the same boiler in my house with the exact same problem...i've not had a chance to have a proper look...the rest button always sorts it out....it's completely random...at times, a good couple of weeks will go by without any issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 28cdi weird fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock