Discuss 28i Junior Flow Unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Anyone changed a flow unit on a 28i before, been called out to a leak which has been running for over 2 days. In two minds whether to refer landlord to Worcester as looks like a pain in the arse to do, plus I'm concerned electrical components may be damaged.

Any thoughts?

greenstar? flow turbine on right hand side above divertor motor?

It will be the piece in behind the flow turbine if thats the case I would say, the plastic goes brittle. The motor may be damaged as well as I have had a few that have given up not long after.

Not to bad a job to be honest, it's a worcester so it was never going to be easy peasy though was it.

Part is flow turbine adaptor - 87161064330

Get it done! It's not hard! You sound like I used to be, lacking in confidence at changing difficult looking parts. If you never try you will never learn. Not a part in a boiler I won't tackle now.

do the worcester junior/si course and then go back and fix it ;)

serious tho if your unsure do the course as you get to strip the boiler to bits etc.... only 50 notes.

Meant to post this in the GSR only forum, it's been taken out of my hands anyway. As they were worried about the timescale, they rang Worcester, at first they wanted me to put a new boiler in. The thing isn't even that old. Gonna do worcester course in new year and booked onto a boiler breakdown course too, confidence is the key. Had a few tricky circumstances this year and now lacking in nuts when it comes to breakdowns.

all the ones ive changed are due to plastic going brittle parts about ÂŁ4 quid

Meant to post this in the GSR only forum, it's been taken out of my hands anyway. As they were worried about the timescale, they rang Worcester, at first they wanted me to put a new boiler in. The thing isn't even that old. Gonna do worcester course in new year and booked onto a boiler breakdown course too, confidence is the key. Had a few tricky circumstances this year and now lacking in nuts when it comes to breakdowns.

There pretty good come away with all the manuels resistance/voltage readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 28i Junior Flow Unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi all, My boiler is a Worcester 28i Junior and the fan switches itself on for no reason. The timer will be off and the hating may have been off...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Hi all We had a boiler (Potterton Assure hot water and heating system with header tank) fitted two years ago and been serviced twice by Baxi...
Replies
Views
Equipment The shower (a cold feed electric unit) and the Kingspan tank are on the top floor of a 3 storey building. The Ideal Boiler Logic Heat 15...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock