Discuss 28i junior- hot water aggro! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Evening all.

posting this to help me get to the bottom of my fault. the hot water is cutting out after approximately 5 minutes. stop the tap for 30 seconds then ill get another 5 minutes.

things ive done so far.

1. water pressure is good according to the fact i can fill a 1 litre jug in 6 seconds on cold feed. (is that theory correct)
2. if i disconnect the temp sensor the front panels blue light flashes fast to tell me the temp sensor is in fault as per the manual so thats being seen by the boiler (it also measures around 9000 ohms which is within readings)
3. i get 5v on red and black to the flow turbine and get w.5v on the yellow and black so again flow turbine all good.
4. hot water is affected on all taps and shower so its not fittings related.
5. when boiler "trips" and the hot stops the green ignition light goes off and the fan stops. the heat exchanger then goes cold very quickly (as cold water is bow flowing through it).

whats my next step then? i assume its either heat exchanger or pcb going by the manual but there may be other tests i can do.

Ive just registered myself as per admin.

I plan to get a gas safe firm in but i was hoping for a bit of guidance as to what he might recommmend. I know my limits so if its gas related then I won't be touching it but Id at least like to know what others are thinking?

Im in medway, kent if any plumbers are recommended?

This forum doesn't give advice on gas appliances unless you are gas registered.
It sounds a common problem tho and decent engineer would have this repaired easiy

You should not even have the case off unless you are a gsr. The case forms a vital seal. Stop messing about with something you shouldn't be touching.

Call in a properly qualified gsr and leave it alone.

Oh, and you need to register with the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 28i junior- hot water aggro! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
Customer wants an outside tap for dog washing so needs to be blended. The hot water is gravity and its a bungalow so little head at the point of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock