Discuss 300 gallon buffer tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holedoctor

hi i was offered a 300 gallon buffer tank made from steel(not stainless steel) i was told that a a lagging jacket went on fire and there is burn marks on the outside but they say it is fine. it has a solar coil in it should i have it pressure tested or would it be ok and are these any good or is stainless steel better.

thanks

You could use it as a buffer in a heating system but not for hot water.

Pressure test is probably advisable

thanks for the reply i was going to use it for heating what kind of insulation could i get for this is it possible to get the insulation you see on preinsulateted copper cylinders. in your opinion this would be fine as a heating buffer tank?

thanks

Yes fine, do you know the make as you will be able to get a lagging jacket from them.

no dont know the make is there some form of spray on insulation that would be better than a lagging jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 300 gallon buffer tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water, so we have the main water tank in the airing cupboard, plus a small pressurised (I think) tank. The...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
P
Hi. I have a hot water high pressure problem that my heating engineer (and other engineers that he has spoken to) cannot fix. I’m hoping someone...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock