• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 596K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
f00894ab21d9b652f175530a6a666134.jpg

Hob on flexi as ever. The run to this point was clipped about 3 metres away and then had been plastered into the corner of the room
628b051064fa2d228a63353b577413f6.jpg

I dug it out to verify the it was soldered not compression, clipped the pipe and fitted a fixed connection with iso into the tiny space behind the oven.

Had another last week where the gas was run in 15mm almost straight from the boiler for an equivalent of about 20 metres as it went along the floor and then up the wall and over and down. Baxi solo 3 60pfl. Was 11 mbar at gas valve, 13 with adjustment. Had been given a safety certificate in january when vendor bought the place..... Reran straight in 22.
87ae17e717cd8a4c0301908144c3bbaa.jpg

Found this beauty today. Services boiler, oh prv not connected..... Oh flue turret not fixed properly..... Go outside and she says the window fitter did that and said it was ok? Just needed a service?

687d15178fbcd484add76c2904bd7915.jpg
2de283a68442a150c661e902aa1399a7.jpg

97c04cf313857e39646d08f5252cdab4.jpg
9d7f7dae00a090df2a0188a9286c889e.jpg

Oh and two of mutleys "do they need a trim" specials

9b710a2db57ba3d0974d0f280cf4ed4f.jpg

Found this beauty today. Services boiler, oh prv not connected..... Oh flue turret not fixed properly..... Go outside and she says the window fitter did that and said it was ok? Just needed a service?

687d15178fbcd484add76c2904bd7915.jpg
2de283a68442a150c661e902aa1399a7.jpg

97c04cf313857e39646d08f5252cdab4.jpg
9d7f7dae00a090df2a0188a9286c889e.jpg

Oh and two of mutleys "do they need a trim" specials

9b710a2db57ba3d0974d0f280cf4ed4f.jpg

Few peachers there ermi, the bottom one with the 2 flues thats just priceless

It is currently in use and BG are happy with it

I say its in use, it is now me and a friend found the dodgy connection to the bedroom socket that was stopping it from firing successfully :thinking:

That's practically perfect no flexi in sight
Bent with a spring ooh baby

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, last one then i'll let someone else get a word in

I have posted this on another thread so you may have seen it before

I'm only diy so it doesn't get the abuse you guys would give it but it's been used for fitting outside taps, 20mm holes through walls for cables etc

I won't tell you about using it as a wrench when it wouldn't drive 2 concrete screws all the way home - dammit

Was that boiler in your house then?

yes - emergency move into a bit of a run down place but get cheap rent as I will put up with and fix issues to make it safe(r)

that boiler is still in my place - I know not to tackle something like that

Somewhere in the Hall of Fame, sorry Hall of Shame is a photo I posted showing 2 flexi on a cistern inlet.

I will have seen it, I've gone through the whole thread over several nights - highly entertaining read

I'll try and get some pictures of my external pipes that are tapped into next doors downpipe

What the hell is that? Count as least 4 pipes with kinks, that`s not gonna help the flow lol

Why did someone join the flow & returns together, is what I am wondering!

The links reduce flow and act as a bypass plus the nugget didn't think about blanking off when he was ordering gear

What the hell is that? Count as least 4 pipes with kinks, that`s not gonna help the flow lol
rpm you don't want any flow through those kinks they across the flow and return still like you say what a hell of a mess

rpm you don't want any flow through those kinks they across the flow and return still like you say what a hell of a mess

Thanks, I didn`t have a clue what I was looking at, could of been hot n cold to 5 bathrooms for all I knew lol

Just a two up two down small terrace with badly installed plastic manifold heating.

Those kinked pipes were operating as a bypass so thats 3 bypasses, each stealing heat from the furthest rads. Pure muppet who Installed this.

P.s it was the same property as the heatline with the downwards flue [emoji38]

Still its a nice job for me repiping the lot in copper[emoji374] [emoji373]

Like Kay says those short bypass links will steal the head available for the index circuit, be impossible to balance, just need cap ends, whoever did it is Muppet and not got a clue, got the brain of a cod!

its an abomination! and all this is just the fitting, as more boards were lifted it became apparent he had notched the bejesus out of the joists.

i think he must have won the job on price, its hard to imagine that he came with a reccomendation :24:

Kris,

A bit wrong or a lot wrong, our trade is off the rails, how can anyone put their name to that mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back