Discuss 3port valve problem after fitting new timer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buzz

Hello all,
My heating system is as follows: Y plan configuration controlled by a Landis & Gyr timer (hot water or heating & hot water selection)

This weekend I have changed the timer to a Drayton Mi-genie wish 2.When I changed the timer over it would only allow water to be heated.
I drew out the circuit to find the HW OFF signal to the grey cable on the 3 port valve was missing. This has now been installed and electrically works fine.
My problem is that the radiators are not getting as hot as before, taking all day to get up to 19 deg! even when only heating is selected (hot water off).
Do I have a problem with my 3 port valve now that the grey is being used?

Any my advice would be gratefully appreciated.

what port valve do you have as there are different wiring methods for different ones

The correct wiring is inscribed on the head of the valve. Make sure grey wire becomes live when hot water call is satisfied. This, together with white live, fully opens valve to heat
. If head fitted correctly, cable exits next port A. Manual lever on side of port B.

Last edited:
Took off the 3 port valve head and selected each of the 3 settings. 'Water' didn't move. 'Heating and hot water' turned half way & 'heating only' turned all the way over so I eliminated the valve. Checked voltage at pump and that was ok. Turned mechanism in valve and found resistance. Kept turning to release and is now free. Tested heating and all rads are getting hot. Will test over the next few days and if it sticks again will replace the valve.
Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3port valve problem after fitting new timer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock