Discuss 5" flue, what core size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Masey

Gas Engineer
I have to fit a 5"horizontal vaillant flue today and wondered what size core bit to use. I normally use a 127mm for a 4" flue to give me the fall back to the boiler. But a 127mm might be a little tight. Any thoughts?

i drill straight when i use a 5" bit for a 4" flue.

well i try to. :)

I've drilled at a slight angle with a 117mm core bit for a 4" flue. Normally strait with a 127mm core.

Yep the core is around ÂŁ90-100 for a 6" bit. Iv never had to use one in 10 years. Don't want to pay that. Ill hire one.

if you know any sparks they may have one for kitchen extract fans you can borrow. Saves buying or the hire of one for one hole.

Defo use a 6" core there couple of used one going on ebay at the mot you mite be able to bag one for a good price!!! id rather buy a used one and have it for next time then hire one and get your pants palled down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 5" flue, what core size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock