Discuss A Plumbers Tool Box - HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris4489

Hi guys,

Has anyone got a general list of tools that are essential for a plumber?? I am due to receive my 'free tool kit' from NCS in January and was wondering what I would need to get to add to it.

Thanks
Chris

Don't know what you get in the free kit but make sure you have a set of box spanners for fitting taps first and foremost or you will struggle every time you have to work with taps.

Think of the jobs your likely to do and then work out what tools you need from that as a starting point mate.

Don't rush to buying everything at once. Get the tools you will need for the job you've booked. There are a lot of tools you will have to have in the long run, it's a lot of money to spend outright.

But a decent drill is a must.

Thank you Mike, I will be making sure if I don't get them included, I will be purchasing them. Thank you too hunterseye and Rodolphe, I know buying all at once can be very costly so I will be seeing what kind of jobs I will do doing first and Rodolphe, what sort of Drill do you recommend? As I know there are plenty of different versions (hammer/Angle/Etc...)

Chris

Decent SDS drill and a cordless. Can get a decent 18 volt ni-cd makita cordless from somewhere like B&Q for around 100.

Definitely a ni-cd cordless with a spare battery. I got an 18v DeWalt I'm really happy with.

The SDS I know I'll have to buy one of these days but so far hasn't been needed. Luckily.

Decent SDS drill and a cordless. Can get a decent 18 volt ni-cd makita cordless from somewhere like B&Q for around 100.

Thanks Danny, much appreciated. Very much doubt they are going to give me a drill in the Box, so think I'll look into buying one, Ive seen that Screwfix/Plumbfix is doing good offers atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Plumbers Tool Box - HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock