Search the forum,

Discuss ableskills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiling spread

im a plasterer by trade and seem to be doing more and more Property Maintenance.
i doo about 4 days a month plumbing.
is it worth me doing unvented hot water systems £195.00
water regulations advisory scheme (WRAS) certificate. £150.00
energy efficiency £150.00

what other certs do i need too work on plumbing
pluss iv not got loads of time working on plumbing just do bits to get me by day to day.

how do i get in to gas works what category am I (1.2.3)

For four days a month I would say no to all except water regs which you need. you would need to do a lot of work to get near any gas. I've been plumbing full time for two and a half years, and doing my gas hours for about nine months, and I'm not doing my acs yet because I want more experience.

not even unvented hot water systems??????????
what one is it i need a cert for to work on
unvented/vented

need your unvented ticket. It is good to have, but if your only doing four days a month, how many of those days will you need that ticket for? If your looking at increasing the amount of plumbing work your doing then yes I would say it's a good one to have. To get the ticket though you will need to have some understanding of plumbing already and be able to do the basics pretty well. It's hard to say not knowing where your at. If your happy that you can do all the soldering, have the hand skills and have a pretty good plumbing knowledge already then maybe do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ableskills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock