Discuss Accumulator expense woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello to all. I have a very insistent customer who was keen to have an accumulator/pump installed and at the final hurdle done a complete u turn and opted to put a cwsc (ground level!!!) with a Stuart turner negative head single impeller pump to feed a megaflo and cold to the bathrooms.

I advised against this!

Guess what? It only doesn’t work!

Is anyone aware of a pump that would perform any better or do we all agree that an accumulator set up is the only way forward?

I would appreciate all professional opinions.

Let the debate begin...

I would appreciate all professional opinions.

If your first attempt didn't work, I think you should contact Heatrae-Sadia and ask for their recommendations, e.g.:

Technical advice

Personally, other things being equal, I prefer accumulators over pumps just because they're simple and have less to go wrong; both qualities I like more and more the older I get.

Last edited:
Why what happens in theory it should work

Now if it’s a demand problem fair enough

Thanks for the advice. I’m a one man band and yes the *** packet has definitely been utilised on this one!
The customer in question used to have a building firm and is full of it from time to time.
Greatwater was the original suggestion
as an accumulator/pump to be installed
but the customer seems to think that set up a bit too expensive.
They are back on mains for now but asking could a bigger pump do more?

I always cover myself with my professional guarantee...

Dissapointment

Dab easysys

Thanks Craig. They’ll probably opt for that being “sneezed” in next!
No probs, I haven't installed one myself but I had quoted to fit one as a replacement for an earlier model, after speaking with grundfos these pumps are about as good as it gets. I would however speak to grundfos about the proposed system. Pressuring a megaflow might be too much strain on the pump motor.

I have

What’s wrong with the existing pump ?

Reply to Accumulator expense woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock