Discuss Accumulator or not? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

HI all

ive got a unvented system in the loft at home. We had the water feed replaced and at the stopcock, we get about 2 bar, and 24l/min

Showers get about 10L/min and taps around 12l/min - both around 1.5bar. The house seems to have 22mm from the stopcock to the boiler and around the house, with 15mm feeds to the taps/showers. The showers are not a great experience currently!!

My issue is, if we go accumulator, i dont think we can find anywhere to house it near the main tap - can it go elseswhere on the system? or maybe in the shed?

And is there any other option other than accumulator?

Thanks for any advice in advance!!

Steve

I would not put an accumulator outside in a shed - unless it was trace heated

You could consider a pumped accumulator with a coffin tank in the loft dropping via a 28mm feed to a pump at ground floor level. - that would give you 40lpm at 4 bar for 20 to 30 minutes. I sell a lot of those systems in West London

Reply to Accumulator or not? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking to solve my clients water flow issues. 5bed detached House in the South East with a combi boiler. Customer is unhappy with...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock