Discuss aco 32 RFFI - expansion vessel & pressure valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Senna

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help, please? I have a boiler ACO 32 RFFI that use to work at circa 1bar. I shut down the system (including the cold water inlet) for holidays and when I turn on again (after holidays) the pressure has gone to 3bars. As expected the pressure valve kicked in and start to drip water outside. Now it keeps dripping even below 3bars. I read that they usually do not seal properly after this, so I got a new one. However, I suspect that was the expansion vessel that lost the pressure and start the whole story. Keen to understand if that was the case before I put the new pressure safety valve. Can I recharge the system easy (it come pre charged from factory 0.7bar)? I thought I should try this before assuming that I have to get a new one because I had a rupture. Many thanks if you are able to help.

Hi On the vessels i have come across a recharging point under rubber at top of dome allows the fitting of a car tyre type foot pump for adding pressure. (Although factory gas is probably nitrogen)

Thank you justlead1. I have fixed the boiler. In the end I changed the safety pressure valve and checked the expansion vessel and all is good (and warm!) now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to aco 32 RFFI - expansion vessel & pressure valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Back