Search the forum,

Discuss ACS next month in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ju a quick thread to say I'm going in...
Got ACS next month and I'm totally caching it
Hopefully I'll be okay.
Really hoping o hope load will be off my mind and mainly looking forward to seeing Everyone in the GSR forum bois...

Able in Dartford Kent. What yours like firstly. As I know that they're all different. My router was weekend courses which lasted about three months. In the classroom and theory then practical tasks. After all that was a test. Then the portfolio was handed to get to work... Completed that in about 11 months returned it and all the practical and theory tasks checked and accepted. Now I'm hoping to find myself on the sunny side of the assessment which is a weeks duration. But I've heard that it's the time you take to the finish.. just got fingers and toes crossed if doesn't go too far.. never heard of shunt duct for open fluffy appliances etc. But just keeping my head in the box mate.

Cheers

Last edited:
Best of luck Spanner......regards Turnpin:biggrin:
Cheers mate. I'm almost through the Viper book.
Thing is, what your highlights are about at the centre were meters calculations appliances NCS AR ID situation. Purging, pipe sizing etc.. Kind of what you'd expect. But it seems to just start there.
After reading about the domestic gas installations handbooks etc it seems like I'll remember what not to expect..
Cheers..

I put post it notes down the side of my viper book for quick reference to the chapters then on the top to certain pages like gas rates pipe sizing, saved me panicking trying to find a page,

Good luck with it

Surely you know enough by now turpin I've known you for as long as I can remember on UKPF... lolz
Hopefully you'll know all the answers to the questions

Haven't touched gas for year's far too many new reg's and not to mention the cost of training and insurance's......in my opinion it's a young man's game lol regards Turnpin:biggrin:

That is true must admit there's a lot of youngsters at work I see everyday doing all sorts under floor heating plant rooms boiler installation commissioning the lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS next month in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock