Discuss Add additional radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi! Pumped ch/hot water (motorised valve) system has three radiators and towel rail all on 8mm copper. Both flow and return 22mm pipes have four 8mm connections before a stop end.
I wish to add a fifth radiator, preferably with 8mm copper. Can anyone please suggest the best way to connect? The new radiator will be sited in a bedroom, quite close to an existing radiator on the upstairs landing.
I'm not a plumber (can you tell?), but have successfully replaced the existing radiators to the existing pipe work.
Any advice welcomed.

that was quick, Fanjon! Thanks. Do I understand: 22mm tee from both F and R to 8mm reducer?
BTW your face looks familiar..

Yep you will end up with a couple of reducers to get to 8 mm . Or buy 2 more manifolds with more connections.
Its more warning you not to go buy 2 x8 mm tees and nick the supply off another rad . It never works .

Yep you will end up with a couple of reducers to get to 8 mm . Or buy 2 more manifolds with more connections.
Its more warning you not to go buy 2 x8 mm tees and nick the supply off another rad . It never works .
Your prompt response is very much appreciated, townfanjon, thanks!
Also acknowledge how helpful this forum is for we with a little knowledge, but senes to know when to stop!

Reply to Add additional radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock