Search the forum,

Discuss Advice about a blocked drain please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ABC

I bought a house last year and had some building work done before moving in which included a new downstairs shower room with wc with the drain going under a new extension.
A couple of months after moving in the drain from this shower room (also serves the utility room) became blocked - I called the builder back who cleared it. After only 3 months it is blocked again - mainly only me living here and I don't put anything weird down the loo!

This time I have bought some rods to try and clear it myself. Working from the 'dry' end I have tried to clear the blockage but all I am being able to shift is what looks like garden soil and I'm wondering if the drain is damaged and just filling with soil - is that likely/possible?

I'm hesitating to call the builder again as I've lost faith rather (still have no building control certificate as building inspector not happy) and don't want to rush into getting in a drain unblocking company as I don't have much cash to spare.

Any words of wisdom welcome

they only way your going to find out if its damaged is to get a cam down and have an inspection done

Hi ABC and welcome to the forum , how long ago exactly was the work done as if there is damage then surely the builders garaunteed there work for a certain period ?

Get it inspected with a drain camera, any faults the builders liable if the work was completed recently

Thanks for your replies - drain cam sounds expensive but the only upside is the builders still haven't had their final payment as the Building Inspector still isn't happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice about a blocked drain please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock