Discuss Advice on fault finding courses in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I currently work on new builds with very limited work on the repair, maintenance and fault finding side of boilers. I’m currently renewing my ccn1 and cenwat gas card as I type this and it has made me very interested in getting into this line of work or even have a better understanding of it. I’m in ayrshire, scotland and looking to see if anyone has any advice on how to go about getting more experience, where there are courses I’m able to look in to ?

Cheers

Manufacturer’s offer these types of courses, and I’m told the Baxi one is good, although iirc, only 2 centres are open, Warrington and Dartford. If you take an old boiler out, get used to testing. Also on YouTub, Baxi did some lockdown learning, which is still available, and very good explanation of stuff.

Reply to Advice on fault finding courses in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I’m still very new to boiler fault finding but was wondering whether you could advise me on a particular multimeter or tester that would...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just passed my ACS and looking to gain more knowledge in the area of fault finding. Has anyone been on the Boiler Fault Finding course at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock