Currently reading:
Advice on quitting or staying in current job

Discuss Advice on quitting or staying in current job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

81ll

Gas Engineer
I am a gas safe engineer with little experience in the industry. I can do servicing, CP12's, basic fitting work and very minimal fault finding.

To progress my career I started working for a company & have been there for 3 months. Issue is I Spend 95% of my time servicing which is getting boring. I have asked to do more and am told I am to slow fitting and will get to do fault finding but nothing is changing.

i am now thinking I will give it 6 months and then move on if nothing changes.

What would you guys out there recommend I do.

Stick it out and enjoy what you are doing.
it can't be installs every day for every body. Personally enjoy the LL checks and servicing as well as installation work, in every new rented property a new gas nightmare awaits lol!

I like others here got my notification on my phone that someone else has replied to this thread. Let us know how you get on fellow

New job new problems. At least you know what you dealing with now

For now I'm staying booked myself on some courses and will take it from there.

I don't mind doing donkey work, just want to progress as an engineer.

For now I'm staying booked myself on some courses and will take it from there.

I don't mind doing donkey work, just want to progress as an engineer.

Good choice mate. Softly softly catchy monkey.

Something I didn't mention is after tax he is only paying me £60 after tax.

Is that a standard rate of pay?

Mate. Man up and tell your boss you ain't happy. No good being shy. What's the worst that can happen? You can't get sacked for asking for more opportunities.

Some would give their favourite finger to be in your position.
Learn, learn, learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on quitting or staying in current job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back